Sunday, 15 September 2013

HPI Check use heightism to advertise their service.

Hat tip to the Social Complex

As our friend at the Social Complex has highlighted, the company HPI Check have created a heightist advert to advertise their service. They have even used the #tag 'Shortchanged'. Charming.

I can't embed the advert so you'll have to pop over to TSC to see it. Basically a women walks into a bar clearly on a first date. She meets a nicely dressed young man who is seated. He stands up to greet her and it is revealed that he is shorter then her. She appears horrified and gestures behind his back. He is perfectly respectful to her and quiet attractive so it would appear that the only reason for her 'distress' is his height.

This stuff is so old, so I followed TSC lead and wrote in and complained.

I said . .

I have seen your advert #shortchanged and I think it is shameful. Heightism is a hurtful phenomana which causes emotional pain to many, particularly men. It is sad that you would use it to sell your product. I hope that you will withdraw this advert and be more thoughtful in future. 

So if you feel like doing your part, you can follow the instructions on TSC page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment