Hi all,
I'm pressed for time at the moment so this is a quick one.
Here are some links to articles on Heightism.
The first is by Michael Koziol, writing for Mamamia an Australian online general lifestyle news site. He describes his life as a 5 foot 5 man, much of which will sound familiar to many of you. It's worth a read and it's nice to see another writer getting awareness of Heightism out there even if he doesn't use the word.
http://www.mamamia.com.au/social/the-disadvantages-of-being-a-short-man/
The next is a bit of a random one, written by Sheetal Tewari for what I'm assuming is an Indian lifestyle website called Bold Sky. It describes the benefits of being a shorter person and encourages women to pursue shorter men romantically. The slight downside is that the advice suggests shorter men are worth pursuing because nobody else will (ouch baby) and it features the obligitory photograph of Tom Cruise. I enjoyed it though because it's light hearted.
http://www.boldsky.com/insync/pulse/2013/benefits-of-being-short-033460.html
And finally there was an item on topical discussion TV show - The Wright Stuff this week entitled 'Do Short Girls have it harder in life'. You can view it here. If you don't want to watch the whole show, fast forward until the point where it says '10:40am', it starts roughly there.
I've recorded it and will post a transcript as soon as I am able.
http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-wright-stuff/episodes/episode-102-54
No comments:
Post a Comment