Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Scientists prove what shorter people know all too well.

Scientists from the University of Oxford undertook an interesting virtual reality experiment, the results of which confirmed what shorter people already know - being shorter makes people nervous when interacting with others.

I wish I could find out more details but the article on the ITV website is scant on them and they posted the article under the awful headline 'Short man syndrome does exist - research finds'.

What I find interesting about this study is what it suggests about the mindset of people who are so called 'normal' height. It seems to me that people are aware of heightism either consciously or unconsciously, so much so that the experience of suddenly finding themselves in a shorter body is disturbing for them. They know they aren't safe from that type of prejudice anymore and they respond accordingly.

Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment