Friday, 1 March 2013

Leslie Rasmussen - a short women's experience.

I was interested to note that the Huffington Post women's section have run an article about the experiences of a short women. The author, Leslie Rasmussen, is like myself under 5 foot.

To those who have even minor awareness about heightism, none of the experiences Ms Rasmussen relates will be a surprise. She talks about being patronised by others and the difficulty finding clothes. It's also largely positive in that she excepts her height. There is no real serious discussion of the difficulties of being a shorter women.

I am glad however to see that such a significant news outlet has picked up on heightism. It's also gratifying to see that the article has generated nearly 200 comments at the time of my publishing this post - so clearly there are lots of people out there who can relate.

Short Women - I'm small not a child by Leslie Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment